Archive Mode. Call 2020 NAHS/NJAHS Juried Exhibition ended on 12/2/19, 11:59 PM. Call settings are read only. See Current Open Calls
SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Monday, December 2, 2019 | 11:59pm ET
REMINDERS: Review NAEA's Terms & Conditions page prior to submitting.
Sponsors, ensure your NAEA membership is current and your chapter has been registered for the 2019-2020 school year to avoid delays in submitting artwork.
- Sponsor of the NAHS/NJAHS chapter must be a CURRENT NAEA member.
- Student must be a member of a registered NAHS/NJAHS chapter for the 2019-2020 school year.
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS & DETAILS:
- Submissions must be made digitally through the 2020 NAHS/NJAHS Juried Exhibition website by the chapter sponsor.
- Limit ONE entry per student. [Multiple submissions for the same student will be disqualified from jurying].
- Each submission must be accompanied by an Artist’s Statement: In 50 words or less, the student should describe their creative process, what inspired this artwork, or why they believe that art matters.
- 2-D and 3-D works of any media will be accepted. [Size requirements (to include frame): Max. of 48" x 48".]
- Images of work must be submitted as JPEG or PDF at a minimum of 540 px.
- If selected, 2-D works must be mounted on 1/8” foam board or framed with the correct hardware for hanging.
- Submitted work may not exceed 75lbs, and must be shipped by post not freight. Shipping weight must not exceed 100lbs.
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE MADE BY THE CHAPTER SPONSOR
- Sponsors, click the REGISTER button in the top right corner of this page to create an ArtCall profile. (Sponsors, if you have submitted to an NAEA exhibit through ArtCall in the past, login with your existing ArtCall login credentials.)
- Upload as many student member submissions as you’d like. Limit ONE submission per student. [Multiple submissions for the same student will be disqualified from jurying]. For each entry, you will be required to enter the student's name, e-mail address, grade level, and artist statement.
- Sponsors will receive a separate e-mail confirmation for each submission.
- Submission deadline: December 2, 2019 at 11:59pm ET.
- Submissions will be juried digitally by a panel of visual arts professionals.
- Juror selections will be guided by scoring in 5 categories: Visual Communication, Execution, Formal Elements, Originality, and Artist Statement.
DETAILS FOR JURIED-IN WORKS:
- If selected for inclusion in the gallery exhibit, the artwork must be mailed with sufficient RETURN POSTAGE, or delivered in person to:
NAEA, 901 Prince Street, Alexandria, VA 22314
- All selected works must be received between January 5, 2020 and January 17, 2020. NAEA is unable to accept artworks outside these dates; unless delivery arrangements are made. The NAEA office will be closed for the winter holiday December 21, 2019-January 5, 2020. Shipments will not be able to be accepted during this time and may be returned to the addressee. For delivery arrangements, please contact Scott Russell at email@example.com.
Contact Scott Russell, NAEA Gallery Project Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org or 800-299-8321